Some Yummy Goodness
"Food is our common ground, a universal experience." ~
February 19, 2011
Bacon and Asparagus Pappardelle
The Finished Product ~ So delicious!!
1lb dried Pappardelle Pasta (we used fettucini)
8 slices Smoked Streaky Bacon (the best you can afford)
1 medium bunch Asparagus
4 heaped tbsp Creme Fraiche
2oz Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Fill your kettle and put it on to boil. Place the frying pan on medium heat.
2. Cook your pappardelle in boiling salted water according to the package instructions. Give it an occasional stir to make sure the pasta isn't sticking together. Meanwhile..
3. Roughly chop the bacon and add to the hot frying pan with a splash of olive oil. Fry until crispy and golden then turn the heat off and leave to cool slightly. Meanwhile..
4. Snap the woody bases off the bottom of the asparagus spears and discard, then thinly slice the tender stems leaving the tips whole.
5. Add the creme fraiche to the pan of bacon and mix together. Leave for now.
6. Finely grate the Parmesan and put to one side.
7. About a minute before the pasta is ready, add the sliced asparagus stalks and tips to the pan to quickly cook.
8. When your pasta and asparagus are done, scoop out a cupful of the water for later, then drain everything in a colander.
9. Tip the pasta and aspargus into the frying pan with the bacon and creme fraiche. Throw in half of your grated parmesan and stir everything together.
10. If the sauce is too thick for your liking, add a splash or two of your reserved cooking water to thin it out slightly.
11. Taste and season with a good pinch of salt and pepper. (we skipped the extra seasoning and just garnished with the rest of the parmesan cheese
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)