"Food is our common ground, a universal experience." ~ James Beard

February 21, 2011

Jennifer's Pesto Olive Chicken

When Jennifer sent me this recipe, I just had to try it. #1 - I'm a BIG fan of pesto! #2 - It was quick! My daughter was skeptical because she couldn't remember what pesto was. I tried to reassure her that it was good! Boy was I right -- Sophia licked her plate clean and Ella had seconds!! It was super yummy and will definitely be repeated over and over!



2lbs thinly sliced chicken breasts
1/2 cup pesto
1 can chopped black olives
8oz Provolone Cheese
1 package spaghetti
1 cup parmesan cheese
2-3tbsp olive oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

1. Place 2lbs thinly sliced chicken breasts into two 9x13 baking dishes. (I ended up using chicken tenders and only one baking dish since we have a smaller family).
2. Spead 1/2 cup pesto evenly over chicken. (I used the refrigerated pesto sauce that is over by the cheese and refrigerated ravioli's)
3. Spread chopped black olives over the top of the pesto sauce. Sprinkle shredded provolone cheese over the top (I also added about a handful of finely shredded mozzarella)
4. Bake uncovered for 15minutes.
5. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to instructions.
6. Drain and put into large bowl. Add 2-3tbsp of olive oil and toss until evenly coated. Add 1/2cup - 1cup grated parmesan cheese. Toss until evenly coated (no large clumps).

Serve chicken over the top of the parmesan spaghetti noodles and evenly spread pesto sauce over the top of the chicken and noodles. DIVINE!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, I know this is my recipe, and I know you already said this, but I have to just say it is DELISH and SUPER EASY!! We LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete